The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren since 1958 and the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches since 1987. The language of worship is English.
The congregation began services in 1956, and formally organized in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1956.
In 1987, major expansion occurred which saw the construction of the new sanctuary, new foyer, new library, new basement, and new classrooms.
Our church, located in the heart of a sprawling 4000+ persons rural community, the L.U.D. of Grunthal has been the home of the Grunthal Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church for over half a century, and through a free and prosperous community, it is with God's blessing that we try our very best to do His work here on earth, past, present, and future.