We are glad to be associated with so many different ministries, including Fisher Bay Bible Camp, Roseau River Bible Camp, the Grunthal Ministerial, any ministries linked to the FEBC, and our missionaries.
Our Leadership & Elders
Pastor James Fast
Children up to grade 12 are currently working their way through the gospel project.
Adult Sunday School is overseen by our Fellowship Pastor Jim Fast.
Our Missionaries we support
Roseau River Bible Camp - Evan & Lorilee Wiebe
Send International-Barry & Ruth Rempel
Ron & Eunice Wiebe
Child Evangelism Fellowship
Members of Grunthal EMB (we are their sending Church)
Ron and I moved back to Manitoba the last part of May and spent some time trying to get all our documents changed over. Then we went to Saskatchewan and spent most of June with our son Jonathan and his wife Lyn and their two daughters, Gatlin and Aemelia. What fun! Ron helped Jonathan build a fence and do some work in their basement. One of those weeks, we drove to Alberta and visited as many friends and supporters as we could. We also dropped in at Peter’s Drive in, a Hamburger place in Calgary, to see if they were as good as during our Bible college days. The milkshakes are still too thick to drink right away….
Arriving back home at the end of June, we prepared to head off to Ontario to do something completely out of the normal for us. We are doing the cooking and purchasing for CEF of Ontario’s camp for 3 weeks in July and 3 weeks in August. It was definitely a learning curve for both of us.
Most of our days are spent in the kitchen. I’m basically in charge of cooking, seasoning and total amount made. Ron is becoming a master of many skills! Not only does he keep the utensils clean, he’s doing all the grill work—burgers, stir-fries, pancakes/French toast, etc. Plus he does all the heavy lifting. It takes a lot of organization to get the meals done and out for consumption on time. Part of my work is also trying to figure out the proper amount to make so we don’t have too much left over, or worse yet, not enough! By the end of the day, we’re feeling our age! But the Lord is giving us good nights sleep and His strength for us is new every morning, Praise His name!
We appreciate your prayers for safety as we travel back and forth from Manitoba to Ontario. Also for good health. We don’t want to be the reason someone gets sick. Maybe some comments to God about my paying better attention might be in order as well. Ron was frying some ground meat for enchiladas and I was seasoning it. I remarked that the pepper was very clumpy. I looked down and discovered I was covering the meat liberally with nutmeg instead… Fortunately, a hot water rinse took care of that!
Thanks for your prayers and gifts towards our support. By September we trust we will be able to share more of what we actually plan to do this fall. For now, we “eat and sleep” food!
However, one day, all of our wanderings will be over. Hebrews 11 has a list of saints who: “admit that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. …this shows that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore, God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.” 11:13-16 We will finally be home! Oh! blessed thought!
For our US donors: Due to having reached “retirement” age, US tax laws do not allow us to receive taxable donations through CEF. Those in the USA who want to support us may do so through the CEF Missionary Trust. These gifts are personal gifts, and we will receive these monies through CEF International, Box 348, Warrenton, MO 63383-0348.
For those continuing to support us, you may use one of the methods below.
• Etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org you will need to leave your name
and contact info along with our Project number WIEB 01
• Mail cheque to 335 Robinson Rd Brantford, ON N3R 0B8, plus Project
number WIEB 01
• By credit card on the website cefontario.org under give or you can call
the office to make a CC donation at 1-877-788-8233, plus Project
number WIEB 01.
• There is also a form if you prefer a regular monthly withdrawal from
your account or credit card on the 1st or 15th of the month. Please
contact the office at 1-877-788-8233 for more info.
Ron & Eunice Wiebe
Grunthal, MB R0A 0R0
Ron’s cell 506-378-4775
Josh & Josie Dyck
Ethnos360 & YMMP
After twelve years in Asia Pacific, Josh & Josie have continued their ministry remotely from Wisconsin since 2018. They provide oversight to the Finance, Personnel and Aviation Teams as well as IT support for the systems they use. This provides critical infrastructure for frontline church planters and translators as they serve among isolated people groups across Asia Pacific. Josh also collaborates with a broader IT Team to offer similar resources and technical support to other Ethnos affiliates around the world.
• Pray for Josh for clear communication to manage projects and to train & support colleagues from thirteen time zones away.
• Pray for discernment for Josie as she provides Christian counseling and resources for various groups--Ethnos360 members, local church care team and others the Lord has brought her way.
• Pray for continued wisdom to coach and disciple our children – Spencer & Mitchell in college and Julia & Katrina in high school.
Here is the link to Ethnos Canada for CAD donations:
Doug & Janelle Reimer
Doug, Janelle and their three children Ezra (15), Ashton (12), and Madelyn (9) serve with Avant Ministries living in Malaga, Spain. Doug and Janelle’s primary work is in supporting church planters in Member Care throughout Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. Member Care at Avant aims to address all aspects of the well-being of missionaries and their children. It includes spiritual, emotional, relational, physical, and economic matters. It seeks to empower missionaries and promote thriving and resilience while also addressing crises and celebrating accomplishments as they may arise.
The Reimers see Member Care as strategically important in keeping the Gospel being proclaimed to those who have not heard, and to see churches planted where there are none. Also, the Reimers are a part of church planting in the Malaga, Spain region.
Before leaving for Spain, Doug was on staff at Cornerstone Bible Church (Steinbach, MB) for 17 years as an Associate Pastor, as well as a private practice Counselling Therapist in Steinbach.
Please pray for the Reimers as they seek to support Avant Ministries mission to ‘glorify God by helping others enjoy His presence through planting and developing new churches in the unreached areas of the world.’
Sign up for our newsletter:
Evan & Lorilee Wiebe
Roseau River Bible Camp
We are Evan and Lorilee and we currently live on site at Roseau River Bible Camp. Evan is the Skills Coordinator/ Maintenance Assistant here at camp. Lorilee likes to be involved when she can, but mainly keeps herself busy as a mom and homemaker. Thank you to those who support us in this ministry! We are very blessed!
Evan & Lorilee Wiebe
Don & Carol Pickel
ASSIST CANADA July/August, 2021
Don and Carol live in Winnipeg and serve with ASSIST to Cuba.
We are glad to be getting a bit of normality back into our lives after 16 months of being curtained by Covid. Carol & I are doing well health-wise and just itching to resume our full-time duties again when restrictions ease a bit more.
We, of course, have not been able to take teams to Cuba since March of 2020. That has gone fairly much the same for speaking in churches. Last Sunday I spoke in a church and plan to again in another week. So, that is encouraging to me that we are gradually getting some activities back.
1. For His gracious protection from Covid-19
2. That here in Canada we seem to be coming out of the pandemic due to the vaccinations increasing and the restrictions on our activities by the provincial governments.
1. Please pray that we can resume our ministry in assisting the Baptist churches in Cuba by taking teams this fall. With the shortages of food in the country, we do not believe that taking a team of seven to ten people there for a week would be prudent now even if we could.
-*We are making arrangements to hopefully send a sea container of food to Cuba. Please pray that this will go successfully & land in it's designated destination.
2. Our son and family (Jeremy) are now home from Tanzania after serving there with Africa Inland Mission for eight years. Please pray as they adjust to a new phase of ministry with AIM in Canada.
3. Please pray for the complete training of Pastor Michel Avila by Pastor Samuel as Michel will be succeeding Samuel this fall.
4. Please pray that we will be able to send more money to Cuba for construction purposes as currently cement and rebar are not available.
5. Please pray for relief for the people of Cuba from Covid and the shortages they are currently experiencing.
6. Please pray for the safe arrival of medicines we are sending that they will arrive at their destinations.
May the Lord bless each one of you and thank you for your prayerful and financial interest.